Our Covid-19 - safety guideline
Due to COVID-19 it is important we ensure the safety of all including students and teachers.
BEFORE LEAVING HOME
ONLY ATTEND THE CLASS IF YOU ARE IN PERFECTLY GOOD HEALTH. If you have any cold or flu symptoms, fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat,
shortness of breath, loss of smell, loss of taste, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting or loss of appetite we
ask you to PLEASE STAY HOME until you are well.
- Likewise, if you have been in contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case, please stay home, and observe the Federal and NSW Government Self Isolation rules.
- Please consider downloading the Australian Federal Government COVID Safe APP on your phone
AT OUR PREMISES
Wash your hands with soap and water, or with hand sanitiser
- On arrival
- After sneezing, touching your face or using the toilet
- Before Leaving
Hand sanitisers will be provided on our premises.
Please, note that toilets are a common area in the building and are not part of the Alliance Francaise de Newcastle premises. We cannot guarantee the cleanliness of the toilets or soap being available at all times.
Maintain physical distancing at all times. Please stay 1.5 m away from other people.
Use your own materials (own pen, book …)
The AFN office and classrooms will be cleaned at the beginning and at the end of each class.
- Teachers will disinfect the tables and chairs before and after the class.
- Gloves, cleaning and sanitising equipment will be made available to teachers conducting cleaning activities.
RESCHEDULING OR CANCELLATION OF FACE-TO-FACE CLASSES
In case the teacher is unwell for the face-to-face class, we reserve the right to provide the best alternative we can.
Note that we may have to cancel face-to-face classes depending on NSW COVID situation and to comply with restrictions in place.