Order a course
Your previous selection: ElementaryThe class puts a strong emphasis on improving your speaking and listening skills. Each week, you will work in groups of two to practise basic dialogues. The book will help you improve your listening skills and the teacher will hand out some exercises that will assist you in understanding specific points in grammar and conjugation.
- Revision of conjugations for common verbs (present, passé composé, future,imperative)
- The imperfect (l’imparfait)
- Partitive articles/how to express a quantity
- The pronoun en for aquantity
- Demonstrative pronouns (celui-ci, ceux-là …etc.)
- Imperative of pronominalverbs
- Revision of aller + infinitive
- Venir de + infinitive (recent past)/être en train de +infinitive (action in progress)
- Time expressions (il y a, depuis, pendant, etc.)
- How to compare (2)
- Si to express acondition (1)
- Conditional mood
- Relative pronouns (1): qui, que, où
- Indirect speech (1)
Elementary Term 3 Enrolment
Product Code: 2019-T3-E-G1-STD Term 3 Enrolment 2019
|Session||2019 - Term 3|
|Pace||2 hours / week over 9 weeks|
23 Jul 2019 to 17 Sep 2019
We conduct the classes based on the school timetable. ou can refer to our "Calendar" page for more information about the holidays and public holidays.
You can refer to our "Timetable" page for more information about the location of the class.
For this course, you will need to purchase/be in possession of the Alter Ego 1. It is one textbook and one workbook (They are used at the beginner level but also at the continuing beginner and elementary levels). If you do not have the books, it is available for purchase on our website at a discounted price.
A valid membership is required to enrol in this course.
Level achieved: At the end of this course you should have reached level A1/A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): an instrument for plurilingual education. This level is described as:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to everyday life (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, city/small town where student lives, employment).
- Can communicate in situations requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and everyday matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background and immediate environment.
Alter Ego 1 is required for the Beginners, Continuing Beginners and Elementary course. It corresponds to the level A1 from the CEFR.
'Alter ego' is based on a variety of real-life situations to create interaction, leading to the acquisition of effective communicative skills.
Approx $160.08 USD