Order a course
Your previous selection: Beginners
The course will cover the following:
- Notion of gender: masculine and feminine nouns
- Articles: definite and indefinite
- Present tense of most usual verbs (-er, -ir, -re -oir verbs, pronominal verbs)
- Common descriptive adjectives, agreement and position
- How to ask a question
- Possessive adjectives (mon, ma, mes… etc.)
- Idiomatic expressions with être/avoir (J’ai froid, j’ai faim … etc.)
- Aller + infinitive
- Demonstrative adjectives (ce, cet, cette, ces)
- Contracted articles (definite articles with à/de)
- Imperative mood
- Positive and negative sentences
- Introduction to past tense: passé compose (perfect)
Beginners Term 3 Enrolment
Product Code: 2019-T3-B-TH-G2-STD Term 2 Enrolment 2019
|Session||2019 - Term 3|
|Pace||2 hours / week over 9 weeks|
25 Jul 2019 to 19 Sep 2019
You can refer to our "Timetable" page for more information about the location of the class.
For this course, you will need to purchase the Alter Ego 1 Bundle. It is one textbook and one workbook (They are used at the beginner level but also at the continuing beginner and elementary levels). It is available for purchase on our website at a discounted price.
A valid membership is required to enrol in this course.
At the end of this course you should have reached level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): an instrument for plurilingual education. This level is described as:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and objects he/she has.)
Alter Ego 1 is required for the Beginners, Continuing Beginners and Elementary course. It corresponds to the level A1 from the CEFR.
'Alter ego' is based on a variety of real-life situations to create interaction, leading to the acquisition of effective communicative skills.
Approx $160.08 USD