Order a course
Your previous selection: ElementaryThe class puts a strong emphasis on improving your speaking and listening skills. Each week, you will work in groups of two to practise basic dialogues. The book will help you improve your listening skills and the teacher will hand out some exercises that will assist you in understanding specific points in grammar and conjugation.
- Revision of conjugations for common verbs (present, passé composé, future,imperative)
- The imperfect (l’imparfait)
- Partitive articles/how to express a quantity
- The pronoun en for aquantity
- Demonstrative pronouns (celui-ci, ceux-là …etc.)
- Imperative of pronominalverbs
- Revision of aller + infinitive
- Venir de + infinitive (recent past)/être en train de +infinitive (action in progress)
- Time expressions (il y a, depuis, pendant, etc.)
- How to compare (2)
- Si to express acondition (1)
- Conditional mood
- Relative pronouns (1): qui, que, où
- Indirect speech (1)
Product Code: 2018-T1-E-G1-STD 2018
|Session||2018 - Term 1|
|Pace||2 hours / week over 9 weeks|
Level achieved: At the end of this course you should have reached level A1/A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): an instrument for plurilingual education. This level is described as:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to everyday life (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, city/small town where student lives, employment).
- Can communicate in situations requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and everyday matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background and immediate environment.
From Tuesday, 06 Feb 2018 to Tuesday, 03 Apr 2018
- Tuesday - 18:00 to 20:00 - University of Newcastle (Hélène MILLS)
Alter Ego 1 is required for the Beginners, Continuing Beginners and Elementary course. It corresponds to the level A1 from the CEFR.
'Alter ego' is based on a variety of real-life situations to create interaction, leading to the acquisition of effective communicative skills.
Approx $177.17 USD