Enrollment for term 4 is now available on our website.
The Intermediate course is the level above the Elementary course.
The Intermediate course is conducted on Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 8pm at the University of Newcastle. Change of classroom number - Classroom is located in the McMullin Building, room MCLG56.
If you wish to join mid-term or mid-yearn please, make sure to contact us beforehand at email@example.com
Teacher: Francine Jorda
- Length of course: This is a year-long course subdivided into four terms of 9 weeks.
- Knowledge of French required: Students wishing to enrol in this course should have completed the Elementary course or equivalent.
- Material required for course: - Weekly notes supplied by teacher
- Textbook "Alter Ego 2" (available for purchase with the AF de Newcastle as a group purchase)
- Work required from the student between classes: Weekly homework will be given.
- The course will cover the following:
- Reading material will explore French authors and French culture.The reading material along with news items will provide conversation topics as well as aural comprehension. The grammar points revised and learned are:
- Revision of articles: definite, indefinite, partitive, contracted
- Revision of adjectives: position, endings of descriptiveadjectives, possessive adjectives, demonstrative adjectives
- Revision of personal pronouns
- Revision of demonstrative and possessive pronouns
- Revision of tenses: present, future, passé composé, imperfect
- The pluperfect (plus-que-parfait)
- The futur antérieur
- The conditional (present and past tenses)
- The subjunctive (present tense)1
- Si to express acondition (2)
- Indirect speech (2)
- Relative pronouns (2): dont, auquel, avec laquelle... etc.
For any information or to express your interest, please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org