Enrollment for term 4 is now available on our website
Continuing Beginners is the level above the Beginners course.
Continuing Beginners classes are held on Monday evenings from 6pm to 8pm, at the University of Newcastle. Change of classroom - Change of classroom - Located in the Social sciences building (next to the Mathematics and the McMullin building), Room number SR G40.
Teacher: Francine Jorda
If you wish to join in mid-term or mid-year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of course: This is a year-long course subdivided into four terms of 9 weeks.
- Knowledge of French required: Students wishing to enrol in this course should have completed the beginners course or equivalent.
- Material required for course: - Weekly lessons are sent via e-mail.
- Textbook "Alter Ego 1" (available for purchase with the Alliance Française de Newcastle as a group purchase.)
- Work required from the student between classes: Weekly homework to revise work done in class.
- The course will cover the following:
- Revision of conjugations of most common verbs and of use of moods and tenses (present, passé composé, imperative)
- Correct ending on the past participle in the passé composé
- Direct and indirect object pronouns
- pronouns en and y (expressing a location)
- Negative sentences
- Adverbs with -ment and other adverbs
- Common prepositions
- Possessive pronouns (le mien... etc.)
- How to compare
- Future tense (le futur simple)
- Level achieved: At the end of this course you should have reached level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): an instrument for plurilingual education. This level is described as:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases.
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and objects he/she has.)
Changes may occur depending on the number of students enrolled.
For any information or to express your interest, please contact us : email@example.com